Remember me, Internet? I used to post here sometimes. I’ve decided that it’s high time I start again. I thought about rambling on about what I thought happened to my blogging habit, but when it comes right down to it, most of you probably don’t care why I haven’t been blogging. You just want your freaking content already. Done! One part of my would-be excuse-a-rama that might be relevant though, is that Jesse has agreed to move his political blogging to another page on our domain (URL to be announced). We created this website with the intent to blog about our life and our family – The CoolestFamilyEver, thankyouverymuch. And so, to get back in the habit, my goal is to post once a week (more if life allows).
Here’s what I’ve been up to:
And I know lots of you probably thought I’d be blogging MORE when I had a cute baby to brag about. But I didn’t want to be one of those mommy-bloggers. Or admit that all I had to talk about was my kid. I want there to be more in my life. Not because being a mom isn’t the greatest thing ever. But because now that I’m a mom, especially, I want there to be more to me… so I have more to give him. And so with blogging every week comes an even bigger challenge: To have a life worth blogging about.
Some things I’d like to do:
- Reconnect with people away from the internet. Phone calls, face time… maybe even some old fashioned snail mail.
- Make my health a priority. Not just about losing weight, but finally go see my doctor about my stupid knees and find out what to do about them. My weight, my knees, random aches and pains… it’s stopping me from having the life that I want.
- Read more books, watch less TV.
- Get out of the house more. There is a beautiful world out there, folks. I want to explore it. Even if I’m only able to explore Utah right now… it’s a start.
- And finally, in what is perhaps the most interesting turn of events, I am going to school. Cosmetology School! It’s true. I’m probably starting in about a week. So that should make for some interesting posts (Yes, that is EXACTLY why I am going to school, it makes for interesting blog fodder).
So that’s it. Feel free to hold me accountable to any and all of these goals. Things need to change.